I need your help!
I am currently researching information for a book about Tulsa’s Lost Restaurants. Although I can’t capture them all, my goal is to put something together that shows the history of the city through the diners & favorite hangouts that have come and gone.
I need YOU! These places come alive with your stories, memories, and photographs. Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any stories or photos that will help others step back in time. The photos can be interior or exterior, just as long as it’s yours.
Here is a list of the specific restaurants I already know I’d like to feature:
- Pennington’s Drive-In (4235 S. Peoria Ave.)
- Metro Diner (3001 E 11th St)
- Blue Dome Diner (313 E 2nd St)
- Bishops (15 e 3rd st) (10th and Boston)
- McCollums (5717 E 11th St)
- Boots Drive-In (17th and Sheridan, east side of street)
- Golden Drumstick (4903 E. 11th St.)
- The Middle Path Café (formerly Golden Drumstick)
- East Side Cafe (3021 E Admiral Place)
- Ma Bell’s (Admiral, also on Yale across from LaFortune)
- Borden’s Good Food (Multiple Locations)
- The Chuck Wagon (11th Street)
- Avalon Steakhouse (6205 New Sapulpa Road)
- Eddy’s Steakhouse (31st and Harvard)
- Razor Clam (Memorial, maybe around 31st?)
- Argentina Steak House
- St. Michael’s Alley (31st and Harvard)
- My Pi Pizza (5936 S Lewis)
- Shotgun Sam’s
- Casa Bonita (21st and Sheridan)
- Shakey’s Pizza (3647 S Peoria)
- Italian Inn 1604 S. Main (also London Square)
- Pagoda (across from Camelot)
- Ming Palace (Across from Big Splash, Mayo Meadow)
- Impressions (15th and Lewis)
- Molly Murphy’s
- Crystal’s Pizza
If there are sites within city limits that I missed & they hold a special place in your heart, send that information along too! I’ll include as many as I can.
You can also fill out a survey HERE that helps me collect information.
Thank you SO MUCH! This is Tulsa’s story and it will only be richer with your stories. I can’t wait to get this together and share it with the world.
Send information to: email@example.com